Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy June!

Things to look forward to...

June gloom--I know. Some may think I'm crazy but I love when it's cold and overcast. It's rare in San Diego, our city of sunshine. Just reminds me of Bay Area weather. Makes me want to snuggle up under a warm cozy blanket. Read a good book. Drink hot chocolate or Earl Grey tea. And it's perfect weather for taking pictures. It seriously it puts me in this pensive mood where I just feel nostalgic. And it triggers a melancholy nerve. I especially think of my sister this month.

June 12th--Kindergarten Barbecue! Water balloons, Publishing Party, and Grilled up grub!

June 16th-- the last day of school and then I'm on vacay until September.

June 23rd-- Tess' birthday! Cake and mint chocolate chip ice cream, our favorite.

June 30th-- Grandma Emeliana's 87th birthday. I'm sure we'll be having a little celebration with pancit for longer life! Grandma has an elephant's memory. I hope I take after her when I'm that age.

Fill in dates (ongoing)--Field trips and play dates with Fiona, creating art, scrapping, baking, exercising, reading, organizing, and cleaning.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy June :) Can not wait until vacation starts too! Lots of good things planned. I will be thinking of Tess on her birthday. Thanks for sharing :)

my cup-a-joe! said...

CHEERS to Happy Days!!