Thursday, May 28, 2009

New Found Tools

I had fun sewing a zig zag stitch around the border. But I realized you could barely see it because of the metallic champagne colored acrylic paint I used. So, I just inked the edges to make the stitching pop out more. Problem solved. It all worked out in the end.
I really love this quote! Makes your heart melt. I enjoyed hand-sewing the wool felt ( left overs from Fiona's hair clips) leaves on the tree. It really added another layer of texture. I think I'm getting a little carried away on the ink edging though. I'm not even sure what you call it. But it's addicting.
Here, I used Abby's butterfly template with Jenny's yellow mist. Then I used the aged mahogany distress ink around the edges. Just to think I started off with a creme colored cardstock. Very cool.

I'm trying out new tools: mists, paint, distressed ink and sewing machine. Who would have thought sewing on paper would be so much fun?! The possibilities are endless. My brain is spitting out ideas faster than I can jot down.

4 comments:

my cup-a-joe! said...

LOVE the layouts, Nette! I like the metallic paint...nice! And the butterfly layout turned out so pretty!!!! :) Love the oranges + yellows! I may try those colors on a Joey layout. :) Thanks for sharing!!

"All Things Scrap" -- my vote!
xo

Jenny said...

i LOVE everything! i love the cute sayings Fiona says - such a cute way to document her words. and i absolutely lovelovelove the tree with the hand stiched leaves. so very pretty. and the butterfly page turned out so cute! more more more!

Lovebug said...

beautiful! do you have "carry you" in there?

wena said...

i love your lo's - all of them. you're just so dang talented! xo