Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fun At The Fair












We finally made it to the fair! Despite the crowds and the horrendous parking, we had to partake in the food. Fried and greasy food, that is. Actually, it wasn't that bad. The first thing that Gail ordered was grilled corn and fried zucchini. Yum! Farley was indecisive for awhile and finally went with the BBQ turkey leg. That sucker was HUGE! I was craving a gyro with tzatziki sauce and pizza. Bor-ing! I just didn't feel like getting anything fried. I don't know what was wrong with me. I should've gotten something that was out of the ordinary just to sample. There were fried avocados, twinkies, and even frog legs. There were rows and rows of fried everything! For goodness sakes, I was at the fair! But the smell of grill, smoke, and fried oil in the air made me feel full and kind of queasy. Like I inhaled all of the smells at once. Plus, there were too many choices. Too many! I was feeling a bit overwhelmed.

But Fiona had a ball. Ninang Gail spoiled her with snow cones, corn dogs, french fries, ice cream , and who knows what else. She was especially social that day. Fiona waved to almost every vendor. She was plum-tuckered out by the time we left. As it should be. She knocked out before we even got to the car.

And the last and best purchase of the day was this automatic bubble gun. Fiona will have loads of fun with that.

2 comments:

my cup-a-joe! said...

Love the photo-booth shots!! I don't blame you about not eating all the greasy-queasy stuff! I'm the same way...there's something about smelling everything at once...as Joey would say, "Yuck"...Tee-hee!

Jenny said...

I love the photo booth pictures too :) The ice cream was really yummy & I love that picture of the corn on the cob. Glad Fiona had a great time!