Friday, June 26, 2009

Summertime, and the Livin' is Easy

Fiona crawled through the window to get into this itty-bitty house


Isaiah was mesmorized by the enormous magnets
Fiona loved the xylophones

Oh, how I love Summer. Everyday is a play-it-by-ear day, things are flexible, and play dates can be planned. Everything just feels so spontaneous in the summertime.

But what I enjoy most is spending time with Fiona. I get to see her reaction to things, witness her quirky behaviors throughout the day, hear her train of thought, and listen to her vocabulary develop right before my very eyes. It's amazing how fast she's growing.

On Wednesday, Margie and I decided to take the kids out somewhere other than a nearby park or our same meeting spot at the Kids Clubhouse in Bonita . We wanted to change it up a bit. So, we ended up taking the kids to the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center. Good choice.

They had a blast. Isaiah and Fiona loved the market place and different interactive play areas. It was fun watching Fiona interact with other kids but still keeping an eye on me. I like to keep a little bit of distance so she can play independently. She's just so clingy right now. She'll play and wander off. But she'll always come right back to make sure I'm there. But she sneaked up on me and said, "I found you Mommy! There you are. I love you ." My heart just melted. That's what Summers are for...capturing moments like this.












No comments: