Monday, July 6, 2009

Get Your Knit-On!

This book came with the starter kit. Very user friendly with fun knitting facts!
My first attempt at knitting. Not too shabby! Here, I learned three different techniques.
Wall to wall fibers


Beautiful cotton blends


On Sunday, I had two whole hours to myself...for knitting. I signed up for a beginning knitting class at Bonita Knit and Sew. It's the coziest little shop filled with wall to wall fibers. Plus, there's a neat sewing room in the back. I had the most lovely time with owner Susan Schlesinger, coaching me through the knits and purls. I must admit, it was a bit tough at first. But anything that's unfamiliar is. It really takes concentration and coordination. I think knowing a little bit of crocheting helped me out, other wise, I would have been lost. I definitely had to talk myself through it. Knit, knit, purl, purl. Knit, knit, purl, purl. I am so jazzed. I think I got the hang of it. These thoughts were running through my mind: things I could I make for Fiona, for Christmas, for birthdays, for family and friends, and for myself. Imagine all the possibilities. I don't know how long this knitting kick is going to last. I am notorious for having A.D.D. But it's always nice having another skill under your belt.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love it! I had to take a second look at the book title - ha ha! And I saw the other book for the crochet class (Happy Hooker). Sounds like such a cool new craft adventure. I'm looking forward to seeing all the cool things you will be making! The store looks amazing with all those beautiful colors :)

Lovebug said...

yay! i can't wait to join you knitting...i'll take the class w/ my momma.