Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mini Album Progress Report







Okay, I've made some (actually, more than some) progress with Fiona's mini album. It's not turning out to be so mini after all. I keep wanting to add things to it like letters from special people, birthday invitations, her tiny hand print, and just a bunch of neat collections. This album's a perfect place to put loose papers, notes, and such. Instead of me shoving them into drawer space or forgotten shoe boxes.

That's what nitty-gritty scrapping is all about. I REALLY get it now. I am truly using my recycled resources and absolutely tickled pink by my new pretty paper purchases. I can't even begin to explain how cute the stickers and rub-ons are. Basically, I enjoy capturing each moment, documenting details, putting my own pizazz to it, and telling a story.

I kind of feel like a historian doing this. I have so many stories to tell. Not just about Fiona, but everything. My sister. My grammy. My mom and dad. My crazy adventures. My melancholy moments. This is sort of therapeutic for me, the art part of it. It allows me to EXPRESS myself. Go on, now! Anyhow, before I go off on another tangent, here are some snapshots of what I've done so far.

2 comments:

Jocelyn S. Lomahan said...

Wow...what an amazing album. You are so very creative, Fiona is going to enjoy it so much. Very inspiring!

Jenny said...

I LOVE it!!!! You are so natural at this :) Loving all the Sassafras stuff. Yes, I love the feeling of documenting all the little bits and pieces of life. The possibilities are endless. Fiona is going to love her minibook! Thanks for sharing!!!!