Monday, August 11, 2008

Lunch at Luigi's With Guy Fieri





Well, we sort of ate lunch right NEXT to him ( meaning we were very close within arms reach). Shelley, Carter, and Esperanza were already seated when Fiona and I walked in the door. To my right was Guy Fieri spray painting his logo and signing the wall of this pizzeria establishment. I was really excited, very starstruck. He looks exactly the same as he does on t.v., spiky blond hair and all. I love the Food Network channel. Farley and I watch it ALL the time. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of him. I didn't want to seem annoying so I just photograghed where he had signed.

It was Esperanza's brilliant idea to get a bite at Pizzeria Luigi's, a quaint eatery in the Golden Hills/ South Park area. Very tasty. Thin crust and a mouthful of flavor. Cheesy too. Now I know why Espie was raving about this place. Apparently, Guy was filming there all morning for his show Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. I spoke to one of the employees and she mentioned it would be airing this October. Very cool.

Afterwards, we got ice cream at the Daily Scoop on Juniper Street. Such a sweet little ice cream shop. Inside there were tiny tables and chairs for the wee folks. Fiona couldn't keep still. She just wanted to get on the floor to crawl, stand, and jump.

And after that, we stopped in at The Grove at Juniper & 30th. I love the knitting corner. It had wall to wall yarn and knitting doodads. Also, there was this long table with mixed mid century chairs in the middle. I guess it's just a place to sit and knit. Love it! They offer classes too. That'll be my next venture.

We all just had such a lovely time. Delicious lunch and perfect company.

1 comment:

my cup-a-joe! said...

Dave and I LOVE that show too!!! How cool that you sat next to Guy Fieri!! If you know of any future Guy sightings, let us know -- we'll meet you there!! :)

Congrats Jeanette on the hair clips gig!! LOVE those pretty things, I'll need to order some for my niece. Also, if you want to scrapbook -- let me know -- especially for Fiona's first year...have a ton of great ideas to share! OK, this comment is way too long!
xoxo, Abby