Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Music To My Ears

Over the weekend, Fiona finally called out, "Mama!" Sometimes it'll come out , "Nana". But nevertheless, she finally said it. It was definitely evident that she was speaking to me. She was sitting in her activity center and giving me that look. The look that meant, "Please, pick me up." I was sorting out the mail and watching her through my peripheral vision. To get my attention, she started yelling and shouting. Then I heard those sweet words, ma ma, na, na, na. I paused. And as I came closer, her arms were already stretched out and her feet were dancing around. I just had to pick her up.

1 comment:

SherE1 said...

When Jacob's happy he says "MooooooM!" (emphasizing the last M) and when he's whining he says "Mah mah mah mah mah mah" Mostly he prefers to blow raspberries rather than actually speak words. Is that a boy thing, I wonder?