Thursday, December 3, 2009

December Daily 2009

Home Sweet Holidays 09
(front cover)
(inside flap)

Day One--Decorating the tree
front page


back page

Day Two--Making a Wish List
front page

back page




Other pages soon to be filled
(started prepping in November)



Every Christmas Eve I write Tessie a letter. It's just a reflection of the year. And things that seem to be bottled up manage to reveal itself on paper.


This is the first time I'm participating in Ali Edwards' December Daily album. I absolutely LOVE this idea. December is such a magical month and Christmas is my most favorite holiday. I love the scents of fresh cut pine trees, gingerbread and mulling spices, baked cookies, and so much more. And this is nuts, but I enjoy wrapping presents in the middle of the night and listening to holiday tunes. It's so nostalgic for me.

Since it is such a busy month, there's plenty to document. And just being able to journal about these moments and day to day occurrences will be oh-so-exciting! I know I'll appreciate this in years to come. I know Fiona will too. She's been helping me here and there just by gluing things down or assisting me with the layout. She calls scrapping, "decorating." "I want to decorate, Mommy!" I let her go at it. That's my girl.

So, here it goes! Happy December!

3 comments:

wena said...

nette - i LOVE it! it so, so reeks of YOU!! so whimsical & let me tell you i am LOVING that button you sewed on behind the #1! it's those little touches that give it your mark. can't wait to see more, more more! xo

my cup-a-joe! said...

Happy December indeed!! I LOVE how all the pages are turning out...and you need to teach me how to do that wood-cover-thing you got goin' on!! You are such an inspiration, Nette!
xo

Jenny said...

I think I literally cried out loud when I saw your Dec Daily. I love it. I love it. I love it. There is no way to pick a favorite but if I had to - I just love the picture you took of the three of you in the mirror. I literally can't get enough of your craftiness!