Sunday, August 30, 2009

Happy 35

I had a head start celebrating my birthday this year. On the 15th of August, Far and I watched Wicked! And we met up with Angie, Ricky, Nancy, Lea, Christy, and Francis during intermission. I believe they had orchestra seats, while Far and I sat way up in the balcony. I didn't care. As long as I could hear the music I was fine. But we came very prepared with our binoculars, which was practically glued to my face the whole time. Believe me, I was so anxious to see it! My girlfriends ranted and raved about it. Seriously! I even went out shopping for a bright green dress to represent Elphaba. That's right! I have been changed FOR GOOD! It was so awesome!

But on my actual birthday, the 21st, of course, I had an intimate dinner at Cafe Chloe with my loved ones. You know, folks I love and love me back. The restaurant was a quaint French Bistro downtown, corner of 9th & G. I have this French obsession. I dream of going to France one day. But that's another story. I do HAVE to mention the dessert I had. It was the pot de chocolate. Super rich mousse, almost like ganache but thicker in texture. It was orgasmic, I tell you. Hehehe! And then we headed home early. I went home happy. There's nothing like good food, good company, and a good amount of sleep.

No comments: