Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Back to the Grind

I'm back at work. Same school, same classroom, same grade. But something is definitely different. As I teach, my in-between thoughts are of my sweet girl. I'm imagining her smile and her silly giggle. It really gets me through the day. I just thought about how teachers get to practically spend the whole day with other people's kids. What a job! We're all "parents" in this crazy institution. We make sure their homework is turned in, remind them to cover their mouths when they sneeze or cough, teach them to mind their manners, and above all, respect one another. Did I mention math, social studies, and language arts too? Yes, what a job!
And being a new mama, makes it even harder. I am pooped by the end of the day. But according to Teacher Long, "Baby, it's a lifestyle." Teachers are "super-mamas".

No comments: